Types of hosting services
A hosting solution involves hoarding and/or sharing specific web content on a hosting server run by a hosting vendor. There are various types of hosting services utilized for various ends, so let's take a glimpse at them. In that way, you can decide what you need, on the basis of whether you'd like to own a web page, mails, or to share files with comrades and associates.
- File hosting: a solution provided by various hosts, which permits you to share immense files. These could be disk images, movies, audio files, archived files, and so on. This service is also known as file storage, and its single purpose is to share files, since it does not support site uploading. Once the files are uploaded, you will either obtain an accidentally generated download link for each of them, or you will be able to view a table of all the files in a directory, but you will not be able to open .html or .php website files in your web browser. Free-of-charge file hosting packages are often supported by exhibiting advertisements next to the download links, while a timer compels you to wait for a given interval of time to view them. A single file can be downloaded with limited speed. If you run a paid file storage plan, there are no limits as to how many files you can upload/download straight away, and also there is no restriction when it comes to the download speed or the file size.
At the moment, with the assistance of the cPanel hosting firms, "file hosting" is being renamed to the more stylish "cloud hosting". This is an entirely unsuitable interpretation of the literal denotation of "cloud hosting". An actual cloud website hosting environment would assign the workload between autonomous groups of servers in a cluster, which are dedicated to serving various hosting services (electronic mail, disk storage, statistics, DNS, databases, hosting CP, etc.) So, the file hosting service is only a sort of a disk space hosting solution, not a cloud hosting one. It's not even close.
- Image hosting: akin to file hosting; certain corporations provide a hosting service for images exclusively. This hosting kind is appropriate if you want to share a great quantity of images with pals or colleagues since the solution is commonly free of cost. You will obtain a random link for each picture or album and you can subsequently share this link. As with the file storage service, .html and .php files are not supported, so the service cannot be utilized for websites.
- E-mail hosting: a service committed to handling your e-mail accounts. Some providers offer web page hosting solutions for websites, but do not offer an e-mail hosting service. If you want to own a mail address with your domain name but do not want to own a web site, then the e-mail hosting solution is what you require. You can open e-mail box accounts and administer them, but there will be no hosting service for the domains. The email hosting solution includes incoming POP/IMAP and outgoing SMTP email servers.
- Video hosting: this service permits you to upload and share videos. You can either share a link to some video clip, or you can embed the video in your web page that is hosted elsewhere. The benefit of utilizing this approach in lieu of uploading the video in a hosting account is that the video file generates a certain amount of central processing unit load, so with a few video clips and several hundred web page viewers, you may have trouble with your web space hosting supplies. Embedding the video file will allow you to manage as many videos as you desire without hassling about system supplies.
- Web page hosting: this is the solution that you require if you want to own a web site. To a certain extent, it comprises all of the abovementioned hosting categories since, along with your websites, you can also host images and files, you can have databases and mail aliases, upload video clips, and so on. At NTC Hosting, for instance, you can examine web hosting and dedicated web hosting plans that enable you to get all of the aforesaid solutions in a single place. There may be restrictions based on the sort of hosting solution that you've chosen - a free hosting plan, a paid shared hosting package, a VPS or a dedicated server. Depending on that, your webspace hosting account may be better or worse in comparison with the routine e-mail/file/video/image hosting packages that are conceived for specific content only.